Health and Vitality Council
The Learning Council is a safe place for all people to come together and learn.
The Health and Vitality Council advocates for and teaches comprehensive sexual health education in alignment with Colorado HB 19 10-32.
Curriculum content includes state and federal standards: adolescent development, identity, communication and consent, self-care, and basic human anatomy and physiology. We can address topics such as healthy relationships with self and other, communication, choice, pregnancy, contraception, sexually transmitted infections (grades 5 and up), decision making, and bullying.
Health and Vitality Council members will work with you to craft lessons appropriate to grade level.
- Join the Delta Health Advisory Committee and support the development of this in any way we can.
- Here to support the mission of your Whole Child planning grant, we have ideas for this beyond Sexual Health education, with that being our primary focus
- Bring a professional Sexual Health educator to the valley to train a group of local adults, whoever is interested. This could include teachers/educators, guidance counselor, parents, and askable adults that interface with kids. We have Sexual Health education training. We could bring a trainer to the county. We could do a weekend training.
- Hold a panel discussion/forum on Sexual Health Education. Ideally, the panel would include a Delta County leader, a Delta County teacher, and a leader in Sexual Health Education.
- Implement Sexual Health Education in all Delta County schools from K through 12, and to have our Valley on the leading edge of Sexual Health Education. This would be a comprehensive curriculum that builds upon itself. We see our role in this as either supporting teachers in teaching or coming in and teaching ourselves if that support is needed.