Arts for All Program Director
Part time averages 10-15 hours per month
- Determine the type of class, locate and contract teachers, conduct a background check for teachers, contract a venue, and set the community performance time.
- Once class is set: create online registration, market the class, and track and report registrations.
- During the class and performance: venue set up, admit registrants at the first class, monitor classes, MC at performances, collect surveys for future class preferences, and clean up.
In our case, outreaches are performances in schools by visiting musicians.
- Coordinate with promoters, set up possible dates and performances, and coordinate with principals at schools.
- For the performance: set up the venue, introduce the performers, and cleans up.
- Collaborate with outside groups (Paradise Theatre, World Music, Valley Youth Orchestra etc) for youth art ideas for classes, outreaches, and activities.
- Set the agenda and keep the meeting moving.
- Use the results of the meeting to set a work plan for the next month.
- Set the yearly budget with the A4A team, including grants sought.
- Work with a grant writer to prepare grants.
- Submit monthly time to A4A Treasurer for payment.
- At year end, submit your and teacher W-9’s to the TLC financial officer for 1099 preparation and delivery.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication
- Ability to multi-task
- Takes initiative and is comfortable working independently
- Works well with kids
- Event planning experience
- Ability to run a good, efficient meeting
A background check is required to be hired for this position. Though no drug test will be conducted, THC cannabis, drug, and alcohol use is not allowed while engaging with community and kids on behalf of A4A.
Contact A4A for additional info or questions.